Become an Antiques Dealer
If you love the excitement of discovering treasures and want the freedom and financial rewards of having your own retail business, then opening an antique shop is for you.
When you open an antique shop, you have the freedom to make your own choices and express your own creativespirit. You can focus your antiques business on what you are most passionate about.
For example, you might choose to sell antique furniture, antique jewelry, movie or music memorabilia, nativehandiwork, antique toys, or any other types of antiques and collectibles.
If you sell antiques on consignment, you will have less riskthan most types of retail businesses because you can fill your antiques shop with inventory without paying until it’s sold.
Antiques are more in demand than ever before, thanks to popular television shows such as Antiques Roadshow. While many people inherit treasured antiques, those whocollect antiques are usually wealthy.
As the owner of an antique shop you can profit from your passion in a number of ways. In addition to selling antiques, you might offer services such as restoring antiques or antiques consulting. When you take trips to go antiquing, it will no longer be just for fun, it will be for business.
If opening an antiques shop and becoming an antiques dealer sounds like the career of your dreams, the FabJob Guide to Become an Antiques Shop Owner is for you!In this e-book you will discover how you can get started and succeed in the antiques business.
The authors of this guide have decades of experience in the antiques business. Lead author Susan Pennell is former editor of an antiques and collectibles magazine, while contributing authors Nancy Benson and Gillian Hobbs are long-time antiques dealers.
In the antiques shop guide they share with you their own experiences as well as insider tips and expert advicefrom successful antique shop owners and antiques industry insiders. The experts who share advice in this guide include:
- Judith Miller, one of the world’s leading antiques experts, who began collecting in the 1960’s and has written more than 80 books including the annualAntiques Price Guide and Collectibles Price Guide.
- Harry Rinker, founder of the Institute For The Study of Antiques & Collectibles, whose many television appearances include The Oprah Winfrey Showand hosting Inspector Collector for HGTV.
- Sharon Verbeten, former editor of Antique Tradermagazine, who has written for Antiques Roadshow Insider.
The guide covers topics of vital importance to anyone who wants to open an antiques shop or become an antiques dealer in the U.S. or Canada, plus helpful advice for opening an antiques shop in any country. The guide includes:
How to Start an Antiques Shop Business
- Deciding what kind of antiques business to open
- How to create a business plan for your antique shop (includes business plan samples and worksheets for preparing your own business plan)
- Choosing a name for your antiques shop
- Where to get start-up financing for your antique shop (includes sample start-up costs)
- What to consider when choosing a location for your antique shop, including information about leases
- What you need to know if you are thinking of buying an existing antique store
- Where to get insurance especially for an antiques business
- Information about other important business matters including whether you should incorporate
- Interior and exterior design of your antique shop
- Equipment and supplies you need to start an antique shop business and where to get them
- How to get inventory for your antique shop including information on:
- Finding antiques at estate sales and private homes
- Bidding for antiques at auctions
- Getting antiques on consignment (includes asample consignment agreement)
- Other ways to get inventory for your antique shop
- How to evaluate the price of an antiquebefore you buy
- What you should know about restoringantiques
Managing Your Antiques Shop
- How to develop effective financial systems for running your antiques shop
- How to set your prices (includes a sample pricing formula)
- Ways to attract customers to your antique shop through advertising and low cost publicity
- Increasing sales with effective customer relations, including tips for handling difficult customers and getting repeat business
- Selling to private antiques collectors
- Selling antiques to selected business buyers(museums, interior designers, film sets)
- Creating a website to sell antiques locally and internationally
- Antiques shop theft prevention techniques
- Considerations for shipping antiques
- How to find and hire antique shop employees
- Accepting payments from customers
Plus you will find even more resources and advice, including:
- Services you can offer through your antiques shop to increase your income
- The best resources for teaching yourself about antiques with links to the best antiques price guides
- How to identify trends in the antiques business
- How to avoid losing money by spotting fakes
- How to identify antiques that will be too costly to restore
- Valuable samples and checklists, including:
- Sample business plan for an antique shop
- Sample consignment agreement
- Sample pricing formula for antiques
- Sample budgets and financial statements for an antiques shop business
- Samples for getting free publicity
- Checklist to evaluate potential locations for an antiques shop
- And more! (including free updates)
You can have all this and more for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds of dollars to take courses on starting a business, and chances are they will not include specific information about how to open an antiques shop. TheFabJob Guide to Become an Antiques Shop Owner contains some of the best business advice you could get from other sources, and more.
It can save you many hours of research, help you avoid some common mistakes, and give you information you need to start your own antiques business, open an antique shop, and become an antiques dealer.
This guide has been selling for up to $39.95 U.S. SPECIAL OFFER: If you buy the guide today, Saturday, February 08, 2014 you can have this valuable insider information for the incredible price of only $29.97. You can earn back the price of the guide with the next antique that you sell. Plus this guide can help you open an antiques shop and sell antiques more quickly and profitably.
If you believe you deserve to have the career of your dreams, this guide is for you. It gives you what you need to know to open an antiques shop and become a successful antiques dealer.
Don’t miss the opportunity to have the career of your dreams. If you are undecided, take advantage of ourguarantee. Buy the antique shop guide, read it, and if you are not satisfied, your money will be refunded.theresa